Public Entities have a myriad of unique liability exposures (busing, public pools, reservoirs, stadiums, gymnasiums, utility and safety services) in addition to the traditional property and casualty risks. As a result public entities require an insurance program that is customized to their needs, while maintaining flexibility and price stability.
In the State of Ohio coverage is available on a limited basis in the standard market and through several entity specific insurance pools. UIS has developed a strong working relationship and knowledge of the programs available through the standard insurance carriers. We also have experienced personnel who have worked with insurance pools for over 20 years and continue to work closely with them to broaden and enhance coverage for public entities.
Property & Liability coverage available to public entities through UIS
- Building – Contents: Blanket, replacement cost
- Electronic Data Processing
- Flood and Earthquake
- Valuable Papers
- Extra Expense – business income
- Blanket employee dishonesty/faithful performance bond
- Money Securities, including coverage for food stamps
- General Liability
- Professional Liability for County Engineers
- Law Enforcement Liability including defense costs for injunctive relief – jail suits Public Officials Liability, including violation of civil rights, employment practices Automobile Liability and physical damage
- Comprehensive Boiler and Machinery
Medical Professional for nurses, therapists and psychologists
- Bond for underground storage tanks
- Broad named insured provisions, including coverage for elected officials, employees, volunteers, and all boards appointed by municipal or county officials
- School Security Risk Insurance
- Replacement Cost on Buses and Emergency Response Vehicles
- Vanishing deductible options
- Educators Liability
- School Board Errors & Omissions Liability
Our team of professionals work with public entities to evaluate their exposures and build an insurance program tailored to the specific needs of schools, cities, townships, volunteer fire departments and counties.
Risk assessment and loss prevention is also a key element of our insurance philosophy and is an integral part in constructing the optimal insurance program. Some of the risk management services we provide include: defensive driver training, departmental risk management training, employment practices seminars, development of policies and procedures, risk management seminars, loss control surveys, lightening protection incentives, and safety and legal consulting.
Ohio Insurance pools & Insurance companies we partner with
- County Risk Sharing Authority (CORSA)
- Ohio Township Association Risk Sharing Authority (OTARMA)
- Public Entities Pool (PEP)
- Schools of Ohio Risk Sharing Authority (SORSA)
- Cincinnati Insurance Companies
- Westfield Group
- EMC Insurance Companies
- Volunteer Firemen Insurance Services
- Trident Argonaut
- Liberty Mutual/Ohio Casualty
UIS strives to provide its public entities with comprehensive property and liability coverage and quality risk management services at a competitive and stable price, while maintaining the highest level of customer service and claims administration.